Fundraising for our Street Children Programmes
Fancy running a marathon, cycling from Lands End to John O'Groats or organising your own event and raising money for our street children programmes?
Fundraising for Casa Alianza in your local community is easy. It's a great way of raising money for the thousands of vulnerable and disadvantaged street children that Casa Alianza helps across Central America and it can also be great fun!
First of all decide what you want to do and drop us an email at email@example.com to let us know about your plans so that we are aware that you are fundraising on our behalf . There are lots of different ideas to explore ranging from quiz nights, coffee mornings, sports events, dress down days to karaoke or even a fantasy football league. It can be anything you like!
Think about where and when you'd like to hold the event and book a venue if you need to. Ask your family and friends to help you
- Find out if your employer has a matched or payroll giving scheme and ask them if they would match what you raise and donate this to Casa Alianza.
- Download a sponsorship form or set up an online fundraising page online with JustGiving.com (see below).
Keep it Safe
- Get sponsored by people you know and trust
- Make sure that children are supervised and that they don't collect money from strangers
- Make sure the venue is safe and think about managing crowds
- Think about security if you are carrying money around - the safest thing is to pay it in straight away.
- You may need take out insurance on the event. This is quite simple to do - if you have any questions on how to go about this please get in touch with full details of your event and we'll be happy to advise you.
Keep it Legal
- Do not collect money on the streets without a licence from your local authority or the police
- If you are holding an event on private property remember to ask permission from the owner.
- If you are holding a raffle check the rules with your local authority or the Gambling Commission first
- Please do not make house to house collections. These are illegal without the permission of your local authority.
- If you are a business please contact us if you would like to sell goods, services or run a promotion on our behalf.
Publicising Your Event
- Let us know when you have finalised the details and we'll publicise your event on our website.
- Advertise your event using posters and leaflets
- Talk to local radio stations and newspapers
After the Event
If you receive cash or cheques made payable to yourself please bank them and write a cheque to "Casa Alianza Charitable Company" and send it to:
Casa Alianza UK
Unit 2, The Business Exchange
Northants NN16 8JX.
- Please include any sponsorship forms and send us your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Remember to thank everyone involved - you may also want to send some photos to your local radio station or newspaper.
Download a sponsorship form. Please note that Gift Aid is only applicable to UK residents.
Set up an Online Fundraising Page with JustGiving.com
If you are running a fundraising activity why not set up your own fundraising page online with JustGiving.com. it takes about 5 minutes to set up a fundraising page and donating through the site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also probably the most efficient way to get sponsored. Casa Alianza also receive money faster and, if your sponsors are UK taxpayers, an extra 28% in tax will be added to their gifts at no additional cost. Go to JustGiving.com
To get started:
- You choose an event from Casa Alianza UK's official event list or create your own.
- You choose a web address for your page, write a title and a message and, if you have one to hand, add a photo. That's it, your fundraising web page is live on the Web!
- You then email the address of your page to everyone you know, anywhere in the world. They donate online by credit or debit card and get an email receipt. Justgiving charges a small transaction fee on donations.
- The money you raise is paid into Casa Alianza UK's bank account along with Gift Aid.
- Your page will expire automatically once the expiry date you set passes.
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call if you have any questions.
Finally a special thanks to everyone who has helped us raise valuable funds in the past.