Casa Alianza UK - Jobs
From home and within your local community. Occasionally you may be asked to visit the Casa UK head office for briefing review and training.
3+ hours per week (flexible)
Director of Latin American Field Programmes. Quarterly face-to-face meetings to discuss progress plus regular ongoing contact via telephone and email.
Induction, training and ongoing skills development will be provided.
Expenses reimbursed to cover the cost of Casa Alianza related activities.
Volunteer role - £0
To support Casa Alianza UK in raising public awareness of the plight of street children in Central America through:
· Building the Casa Alianza supporter base.
· Campaigning on street children issues
· Delivering short talks and presentations about Casa Alianza and our work to a wide variety of groups such as: schools, universities, churches, Amnesty International, Justice and Peace groups...etc.
Areas of responsibility (but not limited to):
· Raising awareness of the charity and its work, at the local and national level - this may involve giving talks and leading activities to: schools, universities, churches, Amnesty International groups...etc.
· Running Casa Alianza stalls at events and fairs: talking with people about the charity, collecting funds, selling merchandise, disseminating literature.
· Developing and running new and imaginative fundraising activities within the local community
· organising profile-raising events to attract new volunteers
· Inspiring people to become supporters providing them with information and advice if they wish to actively support the charity, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters.
· Establishing and maintaining contact with your MP and MEP in regards to street children issues and urgent actions when their rights are violated.
Skills - Essential
· A keen interest in street children and the desire to help.
· Good organisational, written and verbal skills
· Self starter and creative
· Able to work independently as well as part of a team
· Computer literate (Microsoft Work and Internet Explorer proficient) and reliable access to a computer with internet
Skills – Desirable
· Previous experience in a volunteer capacity both in the UK or overseas
· Well connected in various social networks, clubs and societies
· Experience in charity fundraising and event organising
· Confident public speaker
· 3 + hours per week for a minimum of 6 months. There is no end date for the placement and Casa Alianza understands and respects that volunteers will experience busy periods in their lives when they are unable to commit fully. We encourage an open dialogue about progress and commitment.
· Preferably able to start as soon as possible
Email your CV and a covering letter expressing your reasons for applying for the position and your suitability to the role to Casa Alianza for the attention of Poonam Sattee.
Please include details of two referees.
Open application - no closing date
Further enquiries, questions or assistance please telephone: 01536 526 447