Volunteer - Supporting our Street Children Programmes
There are many opportunities to volunteer for Casa Alianza in the UK. We are particularly interested in hearing from people who can help us with raising awareness, campaigning on street children issues, fundraising and working with the media.
We are currently looking to recruit local Casa coordinators to help represent us in their local communities, initiate fundraising and campaigning activities.
We undertake talks to schools, universities, churches, justice and peace and Amnesty International groups. For further information please contact Sue Scarbrow at the UK office.
Read an update from Alessandra McAllister who is currently volunteering for Casa Alianza.
Volunteering in the UK
Volunteer in the UK Office
To apply to volunteer in the UK prospective candidates should submit a full CV , an up to date CRB certificate and two references to Casa Alianza UK with a covering letter indicating how and why they would like to volunteer and what skills they have which are particularly relevant.
Jo has been working as a volunteer for 5 months at the Casa UK office. She writes about her experiences here.
Organise your own fundraising event or activity
Raise money for street children and have fun at the same time by setting up your own events and activities! From a sponsored walk to a marathon, quiz nights or coffee mornings there are plenty of fun things to do. If you would like to hold a fundraising event please get in touch!
International Volunteers: Requirements for Field Projects
- Candidates MUST have a good level of spoken and written Spanish.
- A minimum commitment of six months continuous service.
- Volunteers are required to fund their own airfare, insurance, accommodation and living expenses.
- Candidates should submit a full CV and two references to Casa Alianza UK with a covering letter indicating why they want to work with Street Children and what skills they have which are particularly relevant. This letter should be in both English and Spanish.
- A declaration of good physical and mental health should also be obtained from your GP and submitted with your application.
- An enhanced CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) declaration must be submitted by the applicant together with confirmation that they are not on List 99. This is a requirement of our Child Protection Policy which volunteers will be required to commit to.
- Interviews and assessments in both English and Spanish will be conducted at the UK office, Casa Alianza UK evaluate the application, conduct the initial interview and make recommendations to Casa Alianza's field programmes who make the final decision with regard to the placement.
- If accepted for a placement volunteers must complete all necessary visa requirements, directly with the relevant Consulate.
- Ideally candidates should have knowledge or experience in some of the following areas:- Human rights; Child Welfare; Teaching; First Aid; Nursing; Counselling; Drug Rehabilitation; Secretarial or Media skills; Experience of working with young people and adolescents; Community outreach work.
- Commitment to working with Street Children, patience, a good sense of humour, and the recognition that street children may present challenging behaviour.
- Project background information for volunteersPlease click here
Please note Casa Alianza UK do not accept Gap year students or work with agencies that make charges for volunteering placements.
In the field volunteers normally start with an induction programme whereby they work in each of the various stages of the programme including working with the street educators, crisis centre, transition and group homes. Following the induction period discussions are held with the personnel coordinator to identify the volunteer's areas of interest and skills in relation to the programme requirements.
Casa Alianza is able to advise and help obtain accommodation according to the budget and requirements of the volunteer but the volunteer is responsible for payment.
For further information please email Sue Scarbrow at the UK office (email@example.com).